This week, Flexo is hosting the third anniversary edition of the Carnival of Personal Finance. I’m beginning to sound like a broken record, but here are some of the standout posts for me. But be sure to check it out for yourself!
- My Top 5 Personal Finance Blunders – We all make mistakes, and we can all learn something from the mistakes of others.
- My Personal Finance Tipping Point – I always enjoy Chief Family Officer’s posts.
- Direct Sales – Good Way to Make Extra Money or Fast Way to Lose Friends? – While I can’t speak to the earning money part, as I’ve never participated in direct sales, I can say that some of my friends selling things like Avon or Pampered Chef have driven me CRAZY. Others were perfectly lovely about it.
- Our Financial Progress Over the Last 10 Years – I wonder where I’ll be in 10 years. Hopefully well on my way to retirement!
- $150K Got Me Nowhere – We can all learn something from this post. Best of luck to Dog Ate My Finances!
- Saving for Retirement vs. Living Your Life – I truly believe that you can’t just live for tomorrow. You have to live for today AND plan for tomorrow.
- The Emergency Fund – Where Should I Keep It and Why? – Some good points when considering an emergency fund.
- A Refreshing New Idea – I like the idea of a sunny day fund. I have a “wishlist fund.”