I got tagged by a new blogger friend, Trevor over at Financial Nut (great title!). The rules?
- Link to your original tagger(s) and list these rules in your post.
- Share seven facts about yourself in the post.
- Tag seven people at the end of your post by leaving their names and the links to their blogs.
- Let them know they’ve been tagged.
So here we go. Seven facts.
1. I have an obsession with pens and paper, and this is probably why I have an English degree and a law degree. My educational years were filled with reams and reams of paper. And yet I’m also a techology geek. I love my computer and online blogs and making spreadsheets and keeping files and files of documents. It’s a strange conflict. Paper journal or computer journal? Paper calendar or online calendar? Paper to-do list or online to-do list? In fact, writing this entry was one of the things on my paper to-do list, written in pretty green pen.
2. I love college football. I’m a Notre Dame graduate, so it sort of comes with the territory, but my love extends beyond my alma mater. If I turn on the tv and discover college football is on, I immediately get sucked in. I don’t care who the team is (of course, sometimes it’s just a team I have to cheer against – sorry Boston College grads). But this doesn’t extend to pro football. Oh, I enjoy watching, but it’s just not the same. It makes no sense.
3. I’m a little terrified that people I know are going to find this blog. I had a bad experience with an online journal back in the late 90’s, in the days when blogs weren’t cool. Therefore, I keep things a little bit vague to protect what little privacy I do have left.
4. I’ve never been a big video game person. I think it’s because we weren’t allowed to have a Nintendo growing up. My parents didn’t want us spending all of our time sitting in front of the tv. I think that we’re all better for it. We grew up in a very safe neighborhood, and spent our summer days out adventuring, riding bikes through the fields, playing baseball in the front yard (making a giant tree second base always resulted in injuries). I’m also terrible at video games. I love to play, especially with friends, but I’m the girl who always crashes in Mario Kart in about 30 seconds.
5. I really love frozen grapes. I am eating them as I type this.
6. I grew up in Midwestern farm country, and all I ever wanted was to get out. Now I find myself missing the simplicty. Sure, the museums were harder to get to, but sometimes I think the people were nicer. That said, everyone my age living in my hometown seems to be already married with 2.5 kids. Clearly, that’s not where I want to be in my life. Not yet.
7. I am always amazed at how the internet has changed our lives. I can look up a restaurant review, get directions to the restaurant, check the weather and the news from anywhere in the world, simultaneously chat with friends in Australia and England for free, find a recipe for anything, and so much more. I wonder how we functioned without it. And yet, I sometimes wonder what it would be like to live a more carefree, simpler life. Knowledge is power, but ignorance is bliss.
I’ve never been all that good at rules, plus I struggled to pick just seven so I tag all of you! And if you want to respond in a blog post, let me know, and I’ll link it here.
Love Counting My Pennies?
Sign up to get our latest content by email.