Just a quick note to let you know that while I’m out running my ten mile race this morning, I will spend at least a few minutes thinking back to Thursday night, my first DC PF blogger happy hour. It was so much fun! What a great group of people. And it was a great sized group, though I still didn’t get a chance to chat with everyone.
Attendees were the writers of the following blogs (in relative order of appearance):
- Clever Dude – Who apparently drank a fruity drink. Hey, whatever makes you happy. Especially free fruity drinks!
- Budgets Are Sexy – We discovered we walk past each other’s workplaces just about every day. And yet I swear I’ve never seen him before.
- Mrs. Micah – I always knew Mrs. Micah was cool and meeting her in person wasn’t wrong. Plus she also loves Joss Whedon. Smart girls love Joss.
- Amelia’s Healthy Life – I’ve been reading Amelia for a while now and was so glad to get to meet her. She’s so sweet.
- Debt Hater – DH is a blogger I’ve only just started reading, but I’m really glad I did and that I got to meet her. She’s in charge of our next HH – here’s hoping she picks somewhere great.
- Girls Just Wanna Have Funds – I didn’t get much of a chance to chat with Ginger, but her husband and I had a great conversation about college football!
- Mapgirl’s Fiscal Challenge – Mapgirl is so energetic! She’s definitely the “life of the party” sort.
- Budget Pulse – I didn’t get much of a chance to chat with him, which is probably best, as his team was playing (and won) the NIT championship game and knocked out my team to get there. There would have been lots of rivalry smack talk. 🙂
Don’t believe everything you read about that night. That’s all I’m saying.
If you’re in the DC area, or plan to be in the DC area, let us know! Maybe you’ll be around for a happy hour.