So I haven’t officially withdrawn from the contract yet.
Why, you ask? Because the sellers practically begged me not to.
Now don’t worry. I’m not locking myself in to anything. But they found out that I was going to walk and they begged me to let them do every single repair I asked for and then make my decision. They even offered to pay for my inspector to come back. So I’m not out anything. (I did ask about eight hundred times whether or not this was going to inadvertently lock me into anything and it wont – which is what I thought based on the paperwork. See, that law degree is coming in handy!)
But my decision is not made yet. I’m doing a lot of research on the repairs that need to be done and it turns out that these are common problems in older houses. That makes me feel better. They also brought a mold remediation company in and gave me a 2 year guarantee on that. Not bad at all.
Still, this afternoon, I’m going out with my Realtor to look at other houses. Just to see what’s out there. I may find something perfect. I may not find anything. But for now, I’m keeping all of my options open.
Love Counting My Pennies?
Sign up to get our latest content by email.