Just over a year ago, I made a giant list of home projects. Let’s see how I’m doing. Updates in red.
I’m actually kind of disappointed in this list. I feel like I’ve made such progress, but it’s just not noted in the list. Another giant task is to organize everything – the closets are a disaster. Maybe I’ve been reading too many organizing blogs, but those things need work. I want neatly labeled shelves and bins.
The big expensive project was the yard. And I couldn’t be happier with how the yard looks. I love it. I’m so excited that it’s summer and I can spend time outside again, just enjoying the weather.
To Dos – The Smaller
- Sprayfoam around the basement bathroom window, sump pump pipes, and guest bathroom shower pipe
- Purchase and install larger flange for guest bathroom shower
- Hang bathroom cabinet in guest bath
- Install bathroom organizer in master bath (changed my mind on this one)
- Purchase paint and touch-up walls
- Sand and repaint guest bathroom molding to hide sticker under paint
- Remove residual stickers on all three basement toilets
- Finish unpacking all boxes
- Finish loading curio cabinet
- Hang pictures in master bedroom, upstairs hallway, living room, main entrance, dining room, and basement (Just a few more left)
- Paint master bedroom, master bath, basement bath (for now)
- Sand and stain border around fireplace
- Sand down the poor painting job on the banister and repaint/restain
- Scrape the paint from the office door
- Repair the jammed lock (there is a rock inside it, but don’t worry, it’s locked nice and tight)
- Hang medallion above master bedroom fan to hide hole
- Finish furnishing living room
To Dos – The Larger and/or More Expensive
- Re-form flower beds
- Have yard re-graded and re-seeded
- New sidewalk in front yard and new patio in backyard
- Strip/repaint porches
- New front porch railings
- Attic pull-down ladder (this may or may not be possible)
- Gas fireplace insert
- New windows in dining room and master bedroom
- Closet organizer in walk-in closet (Elfa, perhaps?)
Furnishings to Save For and Purchase
- New washer/dryer
- Breakfast table (or maybe a bench?)
- Living room couch and table/ottoman
To Do Someday
- New flooring in living room/dining room
- New flooring upstairs
- New stairs
Love Counting My Pennies?
Sign up to get our latest content by email.