As you know, there are thousands of jobs in the United States. But there are some types of employment, which numbers the largest amount of employees. The reason for this is not only a high demand for such workers in the labor market, also, the fact that in order to obtain such work place, person is not obliged to have a higher education and work experience.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, 25% of the population of the United States work at the following positions: sellers, cashiers, fast food workers, office clerks, nurses, waiters, customer service representatives, workers, janitors, secretaries, accountants and financiers, managers and drivers.
For example, working as an accountant or financier, you can receive a salary starting from $30,000 per year and up to incredible sums. Everything will depend on your skills, education and desires.
Some of the easier-to-get jobs:
- To become a seller, you need to be a high school graduate. These workers earn an average of 25,000 per year.
- If you want to be a cashier or, for example, fast food worker you are not obliged to have a higher education. Before you get started, you will be asked to undergo special training courses or. However, the salary on such positions is poor. The median income of cashier is $20,000, fast food worker earns an average of $18,000 a year.
- Office clerks. Duties of office workers depend on the requirements of the company. In early 2013 in the United States there were 2.8 million office clerks. Their average salary is $ 29,270 per year.
- Waiters. Today, 2.3 million waiters operates in the United States. The average salary is $ 20,710 per year.
- Customer service representatives. Their responsibility is to answer questions, resolve points of contention in the stores and call centers. Today, 2.3 million Americans work in this position. Their salary is about $ 33,110 per year.
- Workers (porters, drivers). 2.2 million jobs in the United States. Salary – $ 26,410 a year.
- Cleaners. 2.1 million employed people, the salary – $ 24,850 a year.
- Secretaries. 2 million Americans now work as secretaries. Salary is about $ 33,560 per year.
- Workers in warehouses. 1.9 million people, whose salary is about $ 23,460 per year.
- Managers. 1.6 million people. Salary is $ 110,550 per year.
Other popular jobs:
- Nurse is the most common profession in health care. In the United States there are more than 2.6 million nurses. Their average annual salary is $ 67,930. In order to become a nurse you need to get a bachelor’s degree or master’s degree, pass a medical practice and get a license.
- An elementary classroom teacher. 1.5 million people are employed in this profession. The salary is $ 53,150 per year. Requirements: bachelor’s degree and a teaching certificate.
On JobTonic you will find thousands of vacancies available throughout the US? The most popular and the most well-paid ones. All you need is to start searching. You may also need to work with your workers compensation attorney in Richmond VA in case you may need to file an injury claim.
Photo by Camera Eye Photography