Planning to buy a house this year? Then, you should make an extra effort to save more money for it. Assistance through a home loan can be very helpful but that does not mean that you do not have to save money for it. You should remember that you will need to pay for the down payment plus consider the home loan interest rates and the monthly dues that you need to pay. Thus, you need to prepare and save generous amount of money.
Many people find it challenging to save money. Most of the times, they spend all their hard-earned paycheck to buy things that will satisfy their short-term goals like branded clothes, shoes, bags, gadgets among many others. And because of that, very little amount is left to save for bigger goals like a house. If you can relate to this kind of habit, then it is time that you re-assess your spending and saving habits.
In this article, we will share to you some little things or actions that can actually make a big difference to your savings and will bring you closer to buying your new house.
- Spend according to budget plan – most people do not know where they spend their money on. They have this cash on their wallet and before they know it, all is gone. Ask them where they spent it, and they are probably clueless. This is because they spend cash without any direction or plan. It is best to come up with monthly or even weekly budget plan so you know how much you should spend on food, grocery, gas, bills, and so on and so forth. The budget plan will act as your guide so you know where you spend your money.
- Avoid dining out – eating out is not only unhealthy but it is also expensive. So why don’t you make it a habit to eat home-cooked meals? Prepare your own lunch for office instead of eating at fast food chains or nearby restaurants. You should also eat and prepare dinner at home instead of take-outs and deliveries. Well, you could go on date nights with your significant other or with your family but do not make it a nightly routine.
- Avoid excessive use of credit cards – the reckless use of credit cards is the usual culprit why people drown in debts. Therefore, try to spend cash on your purchases or spend only what you can afford. Avoid buying stuff just because you have credit cards.
- Limit your shopping – speaking of buying stuff, it is advisable to limit your shopping to once or twice a month only. Also, allot a budget for it. Do not spend all your salary on new pair shoes or bag.
- Quit your vices – lastly, you should consider quitting your vices like smoking, drinking and gambling. Those are not only bad for your health but they are also bad for your wallet. You will definitely save a lot if you quit.
No effort is small when it comes to saving money. Every little thing counts that when you put them altogether, you will be surprised just how big you saved. It is advisable to become more mindful where you spend your money most especially if you want to achieve big goals like buying a new house or car.
Save More Money in 2018
Subscribe and join the worldwide 52-week money challenge! Get the tools you need right to your inbox.